9.6.08

A Movie Mantra



About a week ago, I finally saw the movie The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I know, I am way behind the times, and no, I am not going to give you a movie review. Instead, there was a motif that caught my attention and I have pondered it many times since seeing the movie. One of the characters, the wise and sage Allan Quatermain, teaches his young disciple Tom Sawyer how to shoot properly. His advice is simple: take your time. You have all the time you need to do what you need to do (or something close to that).

Since seeing that movie, whenever I have begun to feel rushed, that thought comes into my mind. I take a breath, think to myself, "take your time" and the feeling of being rushed dissipates. Even when others try to rush me, the "take your time mantra" has worked. It seems to work as a block to whatever negativity is causing the feelings; whether it is mine own or if I am picking up those thoughts from others.

So this week, I offer you these words for contemplation:

Breath. All the time I need is available to me. I do things at my own pace.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:31 AM , Blogger Debbie said...

The best advice in the world!

Our bodies are physiologically designed so that we cannot feel stress when breathing deeply. How awesome is that?

I enjoy your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home