16.5.08

A Quick Vacation



Today, I am tired - really tired. It is so tempting to just take off and crawl back into bed. Maybe it is the lack of sunlight or maybe I just need a vacation. Don't we all.

So, I have cranked up the Cajun music (a little Steve Riley) and find that it is really energizing. And I have allowed myself to take a mini-self-hypnosis vacation.

Here is how it works:

  • Take a few deep breaths, releasing them slowly.
  • Then starting with the top of your, going down to the tips of your toes, begin relaxing and releasing each part of your body.
  • Think about where you would like to go (in my case I am using a very slow Cajun waltz to add even more atmosphere) and focus on the idea. Allow any criticism or over-intellectualizing to pass out of your mind.
  • Allow your imagination to take you on the holiday. Maybe it takes you back to a favorite memory or even engages in the perfect vacation. Just let it be. Get as much detail as you can - atmosphere, weather, what it looks like and so on.
  • And when you are ready, you can come back to normal consciousness.

For me, I went back to a favorite vacation I once took to the Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, NY. I spent the week learning the fundamentals of Cajun dance - eight hours a day and dancing into the night. It was amazing. Only this time, when I re-experienced it, there were no sore muscles or travel fatigue. I drove that trip, but if I were to do it again, I would check out flights to USA Omega.

However, if I were to take a trip this year, I suspect it would be to Guatemala and the land of the Maya. In fact, I am even toying about getting a group together to do this. Please let me know if you are interested. For all my UK friends, dialaflight.com has some amazing deals to that part of the world. You might want to take that route and meet us there. Just a thought.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home