15.5.08

What Will Human Rights Be Like in 2012?

Bloggers Unite

Today is Blogger's Unite for Human Rights Day. I had thought about just going on with my normal stuff here, but then I thought instead I would talk about the future of human rights and to top it all off, I'll tie it into 2012.

If you have been keeping up with the various philosophies we have been exploring on this blog, you will note that there are a variety of ideas about what 2012 actually means for our future. There are optimistic notions (amen to the idea of a new positive consciousness shift being needed) and others that are very pessimistic.

And though I prefer to veer to the positive side of it all, the negative ideas that 2012 could mean a horrible shift of life for us has been the focus of several personal conversations I have had lately. There is a 2012 conspiracy theory out there that is just filled with ugliness. It is along the lines of serious world warfare. This will lead to a global government (maybe the Illuminati). In order to restructure society, the survivors of 2012, those still here will be put into camps where they will be easily controlled.

Now I have two friends who are both extremist in this ideology, if it were to happen. One believes he will be put into a camp for the mentally insane (Alaska, anyone?). The other says he will fight tooth and nail before he will go to such a camp. When thinking about these reactions, it boils down to human rights. One feels he will be forced to give them up and will accept it. The other refuses to give them up and will take extreme action. Neither side of this coin of lost rights is good.

I for one am not one to appreciate the idea of sitting back and doing nothing. I preach planning. I preach change. Maybe now is the time to do something. What, I do not know. But maybe if we keep positive thoughts coming, working on bringing about peace in our lives and to others, maybe we stand a chance at a life lived better than this conspiracy theory.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home