28.4.08

Your Space


I spent Friday on travel and most of it in a hotel in the suburban sprawl. After isolating myself there for the day and working on papers and such, I noticed a slight depression creeping in upon me. Not even opening the curtains for the bright sunlight helped or even the short walk through strip mall paradise. But then the next day when I left to continue my journey, and ended up in a small town proper in Mississippi, the load was lightened and everything felt okay again. Just changing locations was huge (I do not live in suburbia, so it was a change). The town was quiet and it was raining, but there was a feeling of hope and dreams.

So this leads me into today's contemplation. Look around you, in the place you spend the most amount of time. Is this a good place for you? What are the positive aspects? Do there need to be more (or maybe less)?

Contemplate where you are physically. Close your eyes for a moment, take a few deep breaths and just let the idea of the space around come into your mind. As it does, notice how you feel? Are you comfortable, depressed, happy, sad? Does it feel right and what needs to happen so it do so? Allow the answers to come from deep within. Then when you are ready just focus on the following statement:
I have the power to create a space around me that helps me be where I want to be.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home