4.8.08

Contemplating a Summer Vacation

I did not go to Boston this year. In fact, I have only ever been in Boston twice, once for an impromptu vacation and once I flew in to go to a hypnosis convention in Marlborough, Mass. It is time again to think of heading back up there for the said convention (and maybe staying for awhile as there are so many things to do in Boston). Due to other commitments, I probably won't go this year, but all the paper work that has arrived in the mail for it, has me remembering my time in this part of New England.

Both times that I went, I traveled alone, not having any idea of what to expect. I was full of anticipation and not to mention, just a little anxiety. The first trip was the first time I had ever traveled to a city on vacation by myself and it took an effort to force myself to carry out my travel plans, but in the end, I had a grand adventure (I will always think fondly of Lowell, Mass. and their summer festival), enjoyed the Boston Museum of Fine Arts and connected with people I would not have known otherwise. The second trip (to the convention) was the same, though I had a grueling schedule planned that did not really include leaving the hotel. Both were extremely empowering.

This leads me to this week's contemplation.

Think about a time in your life when you planned to do something (positive), but had a bit of apprehension. See if you can remember that feeling - of spreading your wings in way you may not have ever done before. The wings open, fluttering, and you step off the ledge and find yourself staying in the air and then you soar. Think about this positive time, how you felt when you followed through with your plans. Perhaps you felt s sense of completion, a connection, or an adventure well traveled. Fill your mind, body, and spirit with all the good feelings from the experience. Hold onto them for awhile, letting them recharge you, maybe even inspire you. Tell yourself you can re-expereince this wonderful feeling anytime you desire. It is yours.



And with that said...if I have inspired you to travel, you can learn about things to do in San Francisco or many places from Trusted Tours & Attractions and their online travel guides. You can also sign up for their newsletter, giving you an opportunity to win win a $150 iTunes Gift Card.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home