10.4.08

How New Age Merges with 2012


For the past little while, I have been sharing the ideas of John Major Jenkins 2012 philosophies and that of the Popol Vuh. Let's put it all together now and see what the astrological potential and the creation myth have to do with 2012 and the fate of humanity.

One December 24, 2012, the astrological signs all align with the story of the hero twins and the downfall of the false ruler Seven Macaw. But what does this mean for you and me? It could mean it is either a reminder or a prophecy of our need to evolve. This may be the perfect time, when everything comes together so we can change for the better rather than sinking into the depths of murky humanity.

The New Age philosophies hold that Seven Macaw represents our ego and what holds us back from our connecting with the divine. The era of Seven Macaw draws to end, the ego must fall before the divine self can be reborn, so that we reconnect with greatest of the divine. This divine self rises up, so that it shines through, like the Solstice sun.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:48 PM , Blogger Francis Scudellari said...

I'm going to have to spend some time revisiting your old posts, as I'm very interested in the topic of 2012. I also read the novel Almanac of the Dead by Leslie Marmon Silko which briefly incorporates the legend of macaws. I'm way behind in the conversation, but I think you're right on as far as the interpretation of what 2012 means metaphorically and spiritually.

 
At 1:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never known anything about this but the message is so much of a surprise to me that i will wat to get to the root, the very begining of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home