7.4.08

Being Productive, Being Rewarded Contemplation


I have spent the morning reading blogs, answering email, and getting ready for the week. I am mostly guilty of reading other people's blogs. It is endlessly fascinating, but I do have to get to work eventually. This has led me to the path of this week's contemplation.

Think about the concepts that may cause you not to do the things you know you need to do - be it playing video games, reading, another cup of coffee please, or just chatting with co-workers. Granted, we all need to do these things occasionally, but do they ever get in the way of what you need to get done?

If so, think about what it is that you are doing that is disruptive of your time. Is it something you enjoy? If so, maybe it would be good to use it as a reward. If you get whatever you need to do done or to a certain point, then indulge for a set period of time.

So here is the contemplation:

I am productive and positive. When I am happy with the outcome of what I need to do, I am free to (insert the reward here). Only when I have accomplished what I need to accomplish, do I deserve to (insert reward here).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home